Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

I have a nut

My friend Jen told me the other day that Lily marches to her own drum. She said this because she had a bouquet of flowers and she asked Lily which one was her favorite and Lily pointed to a green leaf. It is so true, she never reacts quite how I expect her too she always keeps me on my toes. She sees the world through her own lens. Now I have a confession to make. I had a conversation with another one of my friends while waiting for Lily. My friend Meg teaches next door to me and is a really close friend. So anyways as a teacher I always have trouble with children that march to their own tune. They cause me tremendous frustration. So I told my friend Meg that I hoped I didn't get a weird one. Well wouldn't you know that that would be exactly what was delivered to me. In the cutest best way possible my girl is a weirdo and I absolutely adore every quirky little quality about her. Here are just a few we have had a three year love affair with Thomas, she likes to eat frozen pancakes, she must wear socks with her shoes no matter what kind of shoe, when we take her to bed we have to pretend she is a burrito and find what is inside, she calls all hair dog hair and when she gets her haircut she gets mad at all the dog hair on her smock :)And I now have a soft spot for all children who are square peg in the ever present round whole. I was sent a lesson in such the perfect package! And just to prove my point here is how Lily wears her new apron. She took all her clothes off stuck her apron on and said Mommy wook I'm pretty! Yep baby you could be wearing anything and look just beautiful.



6 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

well the world will be much much more exciting for you this way! I love the way you thinks, no doubt you will be on your toes.

Anonymous said...

Yes but marching to a different beat kid is what you want ..TRUST ME!!

My hubby and my oldest do and are very very bright!!!

Springtime said...

I agree Leslie I wouldn't have her any other way!!!

Kelly said...

She is so darn cute and I just love her quirkiness!

Hannah said...

She is such an adorable little nut :)

I have TWO that march to their own drum....there are still days where I struggle but at the same time I would not change them for anything.

I love the bedtime burrito!!

Gardenia said...

what a sweetheart she is. everyone has their own personality - she's got an awesome one.