Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Running Girl

I've become a running girl.  I don't quite look like this mind you but I've logged quite a few hours/miles.  This blog has become a bit of a no mans land.  It makes me sad I'm no longer posting every exciting detail.  These two facts may seem unrelated but they are closely tied together.




There are reasons for the desolate waste of space this blog has become.  The running is closely tied to this deserted space.  For awhile now my life, and the life of my family, has become unmanageable.  My own life felt as if I no longer had control.  I can not go into great detail because it is not really my story to share.  What is my story to share is that I decided through a series of calamities that I would take back my life and I would have a desire to live, love, and be happy.  Around the time I decided to make changes I got pregnant and that threw things a bit off course.  The pregnancy quickly went the course of all the others and I miscarried.  Which is a blessing even if it was sad.  I was able to regain my footing and continue my course of action towards control and peace and happiness, I believe with  even more perseverance.   My first step to taking control was that I had to have something I could control.  I have a very good friend who has been running for a long time. I told her I wanted to run a half marathon and she quickly agreed to train me.  Hence my Saturday morning sanity giving, therapy began.  I also took other steps that make me proud.  We all want our children, especially girls, to be courageous, strong, forgiving and to know happiness and beauty radiate from within.  I have shown my daughter all of these qualities and I will continue.  Through these changes my husband has shown courage, perseverance, and hope.  I am proud of myself, I am proud of my husband and I'm proud of my family.  So in closing of this chapter I will top it off by running 13 miles this Sunday.  Running is just like the fears and the steps I had to make to gain a healthy family it is just mind over matter.  Really all we have to do to make changes is put one foot in front of the other. 


3 comments:

annette said...

Good luck on Sunday❗

Jen said...

Oh Sarah...I think you are amazing - in every way!! I am wishing you all the best!! Run, Sarah, Run. Beat Street. Pound Pavement. You show that Marathon who's Boss!!

I love you girl!!!!

annette said...

OMG she did it! You rule you rock and with a smile��
You amaze me. You always have��
Thank-you for being MY child to raise.
You are the patient one....Any-one who knows you cares about you. And if they don't that's their loss.
You are amazing��Love, Mom