Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Renovations~1

This is Lily's idea of helping us pack.
Although it is super cute it is rather unhelpful.

We started floors this weekend. I took pictures of the first day, but not the second so things are much farther along. The flooring is not what I originally chose, the one I chose first was much lighter but it was going out of stock so we changed our minds. I think the dark was a better decision.



It turns out that I am rather useless when it comes to laying floors. I found myself helplessly staring at Peter while he worked up a sweat so I decided to paint. Those cabinets in the above picture are turning into a beautiful white. I can't wait to reveal them.

While I was painting my niece stopped by. She said why are you painting everything white. White is boring. I said what color would you paint them. She stopped and thought real hard and said rainbow. I could see the appeal but a little more work than I'm willing to do :)
And I'll leave with one cute Lily story. Lily spent the day with her Auntie Monica. She hasn't stayed with Auntie Monica since she was about 18 months or so. So I talked to her about the possibility of spending the day with her. Lily thought real hard and then said I sink it will be okay with me. This morning she awoke and told me she didn't want to go by herself. I did some reassuring and we were back on track. Monica's boyfriend Rain was home and Lily asked him if he knew her when she was a baby. Rain said that he did. Lily said I was such a cute baby! Damn right you were baby girl. She had fun with her Auntie they went to the farmers market and bought fruit for homemade muffins. Stopped by and bought fish for a fish tank and even stopped at McDonalds and had some chicken nuggets. They topped off the day by making those homemade muffins and eating quite a few. On the way home she fell into a deep sleep complete with snoring and drool. Gotta call that a good day.

2 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

wow your house is really coming along, even with your extra help, cute yes helpful sometimes. Glad she had a great day and you all could get a bit more done.

Hannah said...

That looks great! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished.