Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tamales!

It is nearing Lily's birthday celebration so it was time to make tamales. This is my 3rd attempt at making these delectable treats and 3rd time was not a charm. The chicken was not thawed in time and I folded the tamales wrong this year so when you unwrap them from the husk it is not a nice neat package but instead a jumble of ingredients, but as they say practice makes perfect and I learned some valuable lessons for next year. By the time Lily is old enough to help I will have perfected the craft for her. While Nonnie and I made tamales Lily perfecter her craft of multitasking as you can see below.

Look mom I can chew, talk on the phone, and wear extraordinarily large flip flops. Do you remember thinking I would never walk. Look at me now!

I can also talk on the phone, watch Caillou, and cuddle with Nonnie and Chug. I am amazingly talented little person.
In case you were in doubt here are the tamales being prepared. Even if they do come out a mountain on the plate they are still yummy to eat.

No comments: