Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Truly Magical Christmas Eve!

During the day I was busy baking and steaming. I made chicken tamales which are a continued work in progress. I dare say that this year my tamales are the best yet. I used serano peppers instead of jalepeno peppers and they gave them the perfect bite. My divine plan was to start our own Las posadas of sorts. (Las Posadas explained: Typically, each family in a neighborhood will schedule a night for the Posada to be held at their home, starting on the 16th of December and finishing on the 24th. Every home has a nativity scene and the hosts of the Posada act as the innkeepers. The neighborhood children and adults are the pilgrims (peregrinos), who have to request lodging by going house to house singing a traditional song about the pilgrims. ) So I can not exactly celebrate Las Posadas in the traditional way but I could do a part of it. Las Posadas ends on christmas eve and is traditionally celebrated by eating tamales. So Nonnie and Papa rented a limo yes I said a limo and went christmas light sight seeing my idea of guatemalan flair was to come home and eat tamales and drink hot chocolate. Well by the end of our ride we had two way overtired girls so the eating of tamales did not happen but I will continue the tradition next year and see if we can have a snack at the end. Don't know if a limo will be involved but it was sure fun!


Treat bags to take in our carriage.

Opening our one gift on christmas eve.

Lily got this baby Alive doll. I super wanted the doll that speaks spanish as well as english but while we were shopping she only had eyes for this blue eyed beauty. Thank you nonnie Lily loves her new baby.




Miss Ava got herself a guitar.

I am sad we didn't get a picture of the outside of the limo but I insisted on wearing slippers in the rain so I couldn't stand outside for long. That is pure wonder in those little eyes.



One happy mommy and daddy.

Girls kickin it in the backseat.


Everyone took turns visiting them back there. Daddy is adjusting the temperature.



Nonnie got a turn.

Mommy got a turn, but was promptly told she was in Nonnies seat.




Just a little christmas cheer :)



One tuckered out little one. Sweet dreams miss Ava.


Here are the cookies for our friend Santa. Enjoy.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG im jealous!!! WHAT FUN!

hugs,leslie

Jen said...

It looks like such a wonderful time! Great tradition!!