Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Guatemala

Today we celebrated Guatemalan Independence Day which was on the 15th with our great friends. I told Lily that it was Guatemala's bithday which is why we had cupcakes and a "pinana." She was certain it was her birthday so we needed to clarify things a bit. We had a great time. I am loving this little Guatemala play group. Not only do our children play well together but the moms and dads enjoy eachothers company.
Just hangin out with Rayna.
Love Rayna's outfit.

What's a celebration without cupcakes.
Lily and Rayna.


Sofia and Elia.


Yummy. My mommy made me wait sooooooo long to eat this.


And every birthday celebration needs a pinata.

Elia also dressed so cute.

Maya

Thank goodness Jack was a bit of a pinata expert. He showed those girls how its done!
Lilyana

Rayna. Look at that stance!


Sofia

The mad dash!
Jack showed him no mercy!

Whats better than friends and candy!


7 comments:

Arena Mom said...

What a great idea! I love the cupcakes. I will have to remember that for us for next year! Still warm enough for shorts hugh....it is Freezing here all of a sudden!

Mimi and Clyde said...

Thanks Sarah for another wonderful picnic celebration with all of our beautiful Guat tots (you know we are not going to be able to call them that for too much longer).

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

that looked liek so much fun. We have a group up here and I met with them once last year right after we got home, but I wasn't ready at that time. This year we had no get togethers, but independence day would be a great time to do it. I emailed Maya's foster family but thats about it. Love the cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

ohhh yummm oh...what fun and pretty girls!

Hannah said...

What a great idea! I will have to keep that in mind for next year. It looks like so much fun!

Gardenia said...

gosh, I wish I would have thought of that -- it is a great reason to celebrate, and my daughter loves cupcakes. I'll definitely remember that idea for next year. your daughter is a cutie. so wonderful that she has so many friends.

Mama Bear said...

Cool idea. Never thought of such a great celebration and what a fun playgroup you have. Gorgeous kids. Love having a pinata "pro" onboard!!!