Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Karate


Before this post really begins
do you see something missing?
These two front teeth have been loose for about
hmmmm............
for about a year.
I have an anti wiggler
her daddy said he'd give her 5 dollars to pull it.
Apparently money speaks
she went to bed and wiggled and twisted and pulled till it came out.
Now there is only one
I'm hoping she takes it out before the other one comes in
I'm looking forward to a certain toothless grin.


 So, now on to the karate.
Karate would not be my choice.
I'd have picked ballet or tap or any other
extracurricular activity that involved a sparkly tutu get up
and a recital.
But squishing my beautiful baby with sensitive skin
into one of those itchy get ups might just be my undoing.
My little girl loves Kung Fu Panda.
We own the first movie and have lots and lots of
Tivo~ed episodes of the cartoon.
She has also seen what we like to call karate girl.
(This would not have been mama's first choice in movie viewing
sometimes mama is over ruled by a certain daddy or grandparent
but I digress)
We've had lots of discussions about Jaden Smith's hair
and how some boys choose to have long hair
she knows full well that he is a boy
but well isn't the movie better if the heroine is a girl.
A Karate girl, at that!
Since we had a debacle last summer with gymnastics.
Lily hated it. I pushed
cause were not quitters,
and well it ended not so great.
So all of my suggestions for extracurricular have been a big fat
NO WAY!
When I mentioned karate she said yes mommy, oh yes!
She goes in smiling and comes out smiling
and has a big fat grin with each kick, bow, punch.
And who knew how much I would love karate.
It teaches the moves Lily is determined to master
but it also teaches responsibility, respect, self respect and a host of other wonderful things.
Before they start the class the parents are asked to stand
The students turn and look at us and say these words...

"I will develop myself in a positive manner, and avoid anything that will reduce my mental growth or physical health.
I will develop self discipline in order to bring out the best in myself and others.

I will use what I learn in class constructively and defensively, to help myself and others, and never to be abusive or offensive.

 We are dedicated, we are motivated and we are on a quest to be our best. "

In order to get her white belt Lily had to put her dishes in the sink, brush her teeth without being asked and go to bed with no complaints.  Master Joselin had me at dishes in the sink.

Below is my karate girl enjoy...........








 Watch out this is the game face!

No comments: