Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Grrrrrr!

Here is how I'm feeling these days!
Lily and I are struggling as of late. I have heard that the 3's can be more difficult than the 2's. My girl is going through a phase. I am having trouble keeping my cool and not being baited into battle mode. Lily is such a happy child when no one has to awake her from her slumber. Unfortuneatly I have to leave my house by 7am in order to get her and I on time. She does not like arising this early and is SUPER uncooperative in the morning. She will not get dressed or in the car without a major battle. Twice this week she has slapped me in the face. The first day it happened I didn't have time to properly discipline her. I had to get her in the car. I told her it hurt I said what do you say when you hurt someone. She looked at me with those beautiful eyes of hers and said I say nothin. WHAT!?! I arrived at work crying she got my goat good and I felt she got away with it. When I picked her up we had a little discussion and I felt better. The next day she hit me again. Thankfully it was early and I was able to give her a time out, so I felt at least like she didn't get away with the behavior. Luckily I have a voice of reason who teaches next door ( she helped me understand I am not failing) and she helped me make a plan. Thank you Meg. I will be instituting said plan this weekend wish me luck that I turn my beast into a well mannered toddler again!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

OH Yeah I hear ya! Sky has been a bear lately!!!!

Amanda said...

Yes....I think three is much more challenging! Kai has become the most stubborn human on the planet...some days I think I'm not making any progress...Others he's a dreamboat.

Robyn said...

Yes, the 3s can definitely be more frustrating than the 2s. Miss G has been quite difficult lately. I hope this phase goes away soon!!

Mama Bear said...

Oh girlie, I soooo hear ya...there are days I keep thinking where has that "loving mommy" gone to because I feel horrible constantly going "pick it UP, STOP fighting, EAT, NO NO NO NO, " Can sometimes reason with my 4 year old though we're in the "WHY WHY WHY" but the 2 1/2 year old............oh man........She is giving us both a run for the money!!!!!!!