Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!






It is with a great sigh of relief that I say goodbye to 2008! We had some hard times but we also had some wonderful times. We grew as a family and became closer. Lily and her daddy formed a great bond and Lily is now a daddy's girl. This makes my heart feel full as the two of them needed this bond.







Peter also had Wednesday off so we headed uphill a bit and out of our foggy valley for lunch. After lunch we found this very sweet park and a opportune photo op. I can not pass up a good photo op you know.


















In the evening we went to our friends house for some poker. This is Lily's friend Madison. Madison is always eager to play with Lily but usually Lily is quite content to stay at my side. Tonight she said mommy play with me. I told her to go play with Madi and she hopped off my lap and discovered that she is really fun to play with. I don't think she'll be on my lap next time we see Madi.




I took several pictures of Lily and Madi together and asked them both to smile. Lily gave me a smile each time and Madi would not. Later she came to me with the camera and said did you want me to show my teeth. Turns out knowing the magic words helps.
Here is Lily showing her teeth.
This is daddy's poker face. I find it a little intimidating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww looks like lily had a great time!!!!!!

I love poker parties!!!

Happy new Year,Leslie

Maya and Maria said...

Happy New Year! I hope to keep up with my blogging better in the new year, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe when the girls are 20 I can have some free time to blog.....