Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Family Vacation ~ Santa Cruz (Redwoods)

Our first stop on our little vacation was the Redwood National Forest.
I came to Santa Cruz every summer as a kid and had no idea that the mountains held such a treasure.
Sometimes gigantic is just plain beautiful.

I was thinking of how big my baby is getting.
(Really there is no baby left, but she still lets me call her that.)
Nothing like some very old trees to make you realize none of us is really all that big.




Just some scenery shots I couldn't resist putting in here.
While we walked amoung the trees Lily said
Mommy it is so quiet here.






Lily liked all the twisty tunnels the trees provided.


See what I mean she is not that big after all.
She may protest but I'll call her my baby forever.











On our walk the silence was interupted by a buzzing bush.
Upon further investigation we found a beehive in progress.

And I leave you with this path.
It was our chosen pathway at the fork in the road.
I don't think that you could make a wrong choice at this particular path.
If only life were that way.




2 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I love the Redwood forest! I can't wiat to take Maya and Joe there someday. We drove from Wa to disneyland whenI was in 4th grade and that was one of our stops. I just think its awesome, I mean come on you can drive your car thru a tree, how cool is that?!

Hannah said...

I've always wanted to visit the redwood forest. I think it is amazing.

I'm so glad you are enjoying your summer, I know how special this break time is to you :)