Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Guatemala Get Together!

So all you East coast peeps whom I have been stalking your blogs, you have all inspired me to have a Guatemala get together. You all seem to get together often. The weather worked against me and it rained so the event had to be moved from a park to my house. I am not a social butterfly putting together an event is way out of my character, but I think it is important to keep Lily connected to other children who share her heritage. I am so happy that I did it and hope to get together again. Here are some pictures of the sweet Guatemalan friends in my area. As you can see the train table was a hit!




Chase and Lily waited in Guatemala during the same time period. They both turned 3 recently. Wish you could see his cute face but he is way too quick. This is Maya. Her mommies blog is one I frequent often nice to meet them in person. Hopefully we will get to enjoy a sunny park day soon.
This is a familiar sweet face so glad our friend Sofia could join us. Seriously she is a Guatemodel in the making.




This is Oscar he is way too cute and Barack Obama held him in his arms. He is famous ya know.




Almost captured a shot of my girls future husband. Just kiddin but he would be a catch!



And here is the best shot of sassy pants that I could get today. She shared her toys pretty well had a few meltdowns but all in all I think she did pretty good for an only child.



See I wasn't kidding Oscar is famous. Here he is with the next, fingers crossed, president of the United States.

5 comments:

Mimi and Clyde said...

Thank you for putting this together and offering your home. We had a great time today meeting everyone.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. The kids are adorable! I wish we were closer to you. Although...we're not that far away. We live in Oregon so maybe one day, we will meet. Your daughter is adorable and you seem like a wonderful person. Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT week, Sarah!

P.S. - Did you know you can now add a button for people to follow your blog? I just added one to mine. It's kind of cool. I would totally follow yours if you add one. :)

Kelly said...

What'chu talking bout? You know that Barack is the next president :) It looks like fun was had by all meltdowns and all.

Mama Bear said...

What a fun time. We love it when we can get to the Guatemala get togethers ;-)

Unknown said...

Sarah,

Tag, you're it! :) Check out my blog for more details.

Ruthie
http://godspreciouschild.blogspot.com/